Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

After a While

안녕!!!

Ergh I know it's really been a while since I last posted. You wanna know what happened? University happened. HA HA yeah no kidding. I mean it is hard but thanks to IB I could get by just fine. Buttttttt (there's always a but) I was too lazy to study thinking that "oh, it's still my first year" "oh, I need some time off after those 2 years oh hell IB" So yeah... my not so good grades are the result ㅠㅠ

During the time that I haven't posted anything here, a loooootttttt of things happened. And I really mean A LOT. Maybe this post is gonna be something like a summary of my first semester here in Seoul National University. There are ups and downs for sure but I think I've had more ups this semester. I'm so thankful for that and thinking about it now, I won't trade it for anything else. Even though sometimes I think to myself "why didn't I go to a university that uses English as a medium of instruction?" But hey, where's the fun in that? Learning a new language is also one of the perks of studying in university that doesn't use English. People say that later when I apply for a job, it's a plus point for me to be able to use more than one language. So yeah...

The last time I posted was around August and since then, Seoul has experienced three different weathers. August was the end of summer and September was the beginning of autumn. Too bad I don't have an authentic photo of fall in Seoul. I took some snapchat shots but you know how they disappear after 24 hours and I forgot to save some. They're of bad quality anyway so whatever haha. I'm sure if you search it on google you'll find lots of beautiful pictures. For December, it's the beginning of winter!!!! I've been waiting for winter ever since I got here so I was really excited. That's why I have some photos of the snow in Seoul National University









I think for this post pictures speak more than words so I'll try to post pictures and give a little bit of description:

Performances in Hongdae




I'm really sorry but I don't know who they are....I just passed by and there were a crowd of people looking at them performing so I just took a video without knowing who they are. I'm truly sorry to all their fans outside ㅠㅠ If you know who they are maybe you can enlighten me and tell me who they are!






I was walking the streets of Hongdae when I heard those girly screams and I thought "ooh who's hereee?" Then I walked to where the crowd was and there they're! Wait who are they....? Yeah I didn't know who they're. But thanks to my skills I found out they're N.Flying! I know one of their songs but when I was there, they're singing g.o.d's old song and the crowd was singing along too!!!


FOOD!!!

During those 3 and a half months, I found some of the best food in Seoul! Like this place called Kimpira has Cheese Fondue Tteokbokki, Fries Pizza and Beef Ramyun. They're very very very good omg. Like the one who created these is a genius...



Then who can forget the delivery in Seoul. There's this application called "Yogiyo" and you just need to make a few clicks and voila! you've ordered something. I know the famous food that comes to mind when people say delivery is chicken, but look at this pizza and pasta from Pizza Alvolo



Mouth watering? I still have more!!!! This one is sweet potato cheese gratin if I'm not mistaken. It's from a cafe in Hongdae called The Bridge


I didn't know goguma (sweet potato in Korean) can be this good when paired with cheese and sausage. Definitely something to go back to...

Now who says Seoul doesn't have good Mexican food? You're terribly wrong! Taco & Rice in Ewha Womans University Area is the absolute hidden gem. Many people may not know about this, especially tourists but they serve absolutely good food. I always eat them whenever I go to Edae (short for Ewha daehakgyo/Ewha Womans University). They're to die for!



Well, saving the best for the last? Obviously. Remember what my blog name is? Eating hot ramyun. So what's better than ramyun?! This is my personal favorite and it is something the GS25 produces. GS25 is a minimarket chain here in Korea and you can find them everywhere. They sell things for quite a cheap price and they usually have promo like 2+1


Bewareeeee this ramyun is spicy but it is the absolute best. For me, this is spicier than the spicy ramyun from Samyang with the black cup that everyone raves about. That one is spicy as well but I don't know why this tastes spicier for me. For the Samyang one you can only taste the spiciness but for some reason this ramyun smells like seafood soup, as it says on the package. It says haemul (seafood).

I'm starting to get hungry... Aren't you? There are quite a lot of other food that taste very good but sadly I don't have the picture. Like just now I ate in a pasta place and it's so soooo good. Plus they're quite cheap for a pasta place. Maybe next time I go there I'll take a picture and post it here.

Hm that's it for now. Since this is winter, dress warmly for some of you! For the rest, I know it may be hot there wherever you are, so stay hydrated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik